Monday, June 15, 2009

Woe, woe, woe!

I made my second excursion to the local library today, having finished the three books I'd joyously acquired on my first trip. Today I made a more serious exploration of the library and discovered that it was not as magical a place as I'd previously imagined. Woe, for the paperback section is startlingly small; many of the books I have long-hoped to track down and immerse myself in are not to be found!

It was with a great deal of dismay that I wandered through the shelves today, searching for authors that I am at least currently familiar with. The collections I found were either nonexistent, woefully incomplete (often to the point of being diminished by my own collection). Today I was in luck. I found three thick books to take home with me, but future trips will have to be more planned out. I cannot go back and simply hope to discover.

Still, it's better than running through my own stale collection again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment